Top Ten Reasons for Celebrating Purim
by Kenneth Goldrich
Making noise in shul is a MITZVAH!!
- Levity is not reserved for the Levites
- Nobody knows if you're having a bad hair day. You can tell
them it's your costume
- Purim is easier to spell than Chanukah, I mean Hanukah, I
mean, KHanukah, I mean Chanuka, I mean the Festival of Lights.
- You don't have to kasher your home and change all the pots
- You don't have to build a hut and live and eat outside (but
you could volunteer to build a new Purim booth for next year's
- You get to drink wine and drink wine and drink wine and you
don't even have to stand for Kiddush (I guess you can't!)
- You won't get hit in the eye by a lulav
- You can't eat hamantaschen on Yom Kippur
- Mordecai - 1 ; Haman - 0 !!!!