Gabbai Chain Letter
Dear Fellow Gabbai:
This letter has been around the world at least seven times. It has been
in many major synagogues. Now it has come to you. It will bring you
good fortune. This is true even if you don't believe it. But you must
follow these instructions:
- include the names below in your next "mi sheberach".
- remove the first name from the list and add your own name at the bottom.
- make ten copies and send them to colleagues.
Within one year, you will be blessed 10,000 times! This will
amaze your family, assure your unbounded success and improve your
religious life. In addition, you will bring joy to many colleagues.
Do not break the loop, but send this letter on today.
The illustrious gabbai Itzik J. of New York received this letter and within
a year after passing it on was picked as chief gabbai of all New York
State! Fred W. threw the letter away and lost all his money on the stock
exchange. Judas H. received the letter and put it aside. That week, he
forgot to give an aliyah to the shul president (!) and by mistake called
only six people to the Torah instead of seven. He found the letter and
passed it on, and later that week was acclaimed gabbai of the year. Rabbi
Adrian B. did not pass the letter on, and he was told that day that his
shul was to be dismantled and he was out of a job! This could happen to you
if you break this chain.
- Dina Sara ben Haman (Shushan)
- Steven Wendel ben Augustus (Ramallah)
- Shlomo Shlomo Shlomo ben Shlomo Shlomo Shlomo (Holy Temple)
- Menahem Israel ben Soussa Mahmoud (Jerusalem)